Sunday, February 27, 2011

Back to back surgery: weepy wound returns us to VGH for operation No. 8

Apparently I have a thing for even numbers.
An eighth surgery will likely come Tuesday at VGH since the wound in my back won't close properly. A bunch of surgeries, along with 20 radiation sessions for the Solitary Plasmacytoma tumour that started this whole mess, can do that, I reckon.
Dr. Robert Lee, our spine surgeon at VGH, has twice added extra stitches, but to no avail. I am not sure what the plan is; Dr. Lee mentioned plastic surgery.
I am not sure how badly this sets back my rehab at GF Strong, but Carol-Ann and I have been set back before and regrouped.
This will only make the party when I get home that much sweeter.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about yet another surgery. I can hardly believe it; you've been through far too much. As from the start, good on you and Carol-Ann for keeping steady (not easy, I know). Best thoughts to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eight surgeries - you trying to break Salo's record? Seriously Steve, I'm so sorry to read that you need another one. You're a tougher old dude that I ever gave you credit for. Whatever the setback, just roll with it. You have a great medical and moral support team to help you. Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete